GIWL 48 I 50 PIR (C) (EN)
|Fixing strap||Gypframe GFS1 Fixing Strap|
|Fixing T||Gypframe GFT1 Fixing 'T'|
|Base channel||Gypframe 50 FEC 50 Folded Edge Standard Floor & Ceiling Channel|
|Head channel||Gypframe 50 FEC 50 Folded Edge Standard Floor & Ceiling Channel|
|Abutments and openings||Gypframe 48 S 50 'C' Stud|
|Thermal sealant||Gyproc Sealant|
|Board side 1||Layer 1: Gyproc ThermaLine PIR 63mm|
|Stud||Gypframe 48 I 50 'I' Stud|
|Screws side 1||Layer 1: British Gypsum Drywall Screws 75mm|
This section should be read in conjunction with the Products list.
- Abutment Fixing: Gypframe 'C' stud suitably fixed to structure at 600mm centres.
- Background: Masonry
- Base Channel Fixing: Gypframe channel suitably fixed to floor at 600mm centres.
- Deflection Allowance: Vertical deflection only. To be determined by a Structural Engineer.
- Dropped Soffit: For principles of deflection head construction refer to detail ST‐224-Z2LA-06
- Finishing Requirements: The system should be finished using either one of our Thistle or ThistlePro plasters, or Gyproc jointing products. See the product range guides on the British Gypsum website for more information.
- Fixing Strap: Used to support horizontal board joints and enable board screw fixing at 300mm centres.
- Fixing T: Used to support horizontal board joints and enable board screw fixing at 300mm centres.
- Loadbearing: No
- Maximum Height: The maximum heights quoted are based upon a limiting deflection of L/240 at 200 Pa.
- Other Requirements: SpecSure® system performance warranty confirms that British Gypsum proprietary systems will perform as specified for the lifetime of the building. The SpecSure® warranty requires that all components are specified in full and constructed in accordance with British Gypsum’s installation guidance. For more details see the British Gypsum website. Always check with the design team before making any changes to the chosen specification, ensuring appropriate substantiation is sought to confirm that the solution still meets all required project performances.
- Screw: Board layer 1, fix securely to Gypframe metal supports around the perimeter of the board and intermediate stud positions at maximum 300mm centres. External corners reduce fixings to 200mm. Fix working from the centre of each board. Position screws not less than 13mm from cut edges and 10mm from bound edges of boards. Set screw heads flush with plasterboard surface; do not break paper or gypsum core.
- Sealant: Locate sealant at junctions with adjoining structure and other air paths. Apply as a continuous bead to clean, dry, dust-free surfaces, leaving no gaps. After application of sealant, bulk fill gaps between floor and underside of plasterboard using Gyproc jointing compound.
- Stud Centres (mm): 600 mm
- Head Channel Fixing: Gypframe channel suitably fixed to soffit at 600mm centres.
- Minimum Cavity / Offset (mm): 30 mm
- Framework / Lining: One Side
Log in to access CAD .dwg files.
Log in and add a System Specification to a Project to access BIM files, Test Reports, and Technical Specification files.
A unique warranty that confirms British Gypsum proprietary systems will perform as specified for the lifetime of the building.