Join the Certified Plasterer Scheme
Whether you’re a student, just starting out in your plastering career or have been running your own plastering business for years, there’s a space for you within our plastering community. Here you can stay up to date with our latest products, training courses and industry news and standards, and speak with other like minded people in the industry.
Take a look at your options:
Become a British Gypsum Plastering Student
Are you thinking about a career in plastering when you leave school? Maybe you’re already studying plastering at college. If so, take advantage of our mentoring platform and find work experience or job opportunities by signing up to our student newsletter and joining our plastering student community Facebook group. Here you can keep up to date with the latest advice, courses and tips, and network with plastering professionals. Become a
British Gypsum Plastering Associate
If you’ve just started your career in plastering, either working on site or in the domestic retrofit sector, sign up to the plastering associate newsletter. You’ll get information and advice on how to progress, as well as professional development courses, job opportunities and information on the latest plastering news and products. You can also join our Community WhatsApp Group, where plasterers from around the UK and our Support Managers chat to each other and share advice.
Become a British Gypsum-Certified Plasterer
By becoming a British Gypsum-Certified Plasterer, you’ll be able to stand out from the crowd and promote your business with a respected accreditation. And that’s not all, you’ll also get access to:
- Discounted training courses at any of our five Training Academies.
- Advice and support from our highly knowledgeable and experienced Support Managers.
- Opportunities to be involved in new product development trials.
- A profile on our ‘Find a Plasterer’ web page so homeowners can easily find you.
- Support from us in finding work experience students or taking on an apprentice.
- Opportunities to join our mentoring platform that aims to inspire and guide the next generation of plasterers.
- Our promotional literature and collateral to share with customers, for free.
- Discounted workwear.
- A dedicated, closed Facebook group to discuss plastering, get support and advice, and enjoy a chat with other like-minded, self-employed plasterers.
- Regional WhatsApp groups to network with other Certified Plasterers in the area, share materials, support each other on bigger jobs or pass on leads.
- Monthly Zoom socials with our resident quiz, Plastermind.
To qualify, you must:
- Have been plastering for at least 5 years.
- Have current public liability insurance that is renewed every year.
- Have your work assessed at one of our training academies by a Support Manager.
- Be willing to receive virtual or face-to-face site visits on occasion from a Support Manager.
Fill in the application form to get started.
Become a Certified Plasterer Pro
As a British Gypsum-Certified Plasterer, you’ll also have the opportunity to reach the top of your game by becoming a Certified Plasterer Pro. You can go for Pro if you’ve been a Certified Plasterer for a minimum of one year and have done two of our training courses (online or face to face) during that year. To maintain Pro status, you must also do three of our online or practical training courses each year.
If you’d like more information about joining our community and becoming part of the British Gypsum Certified Plasterer Scheme, get in touch.