A306041 (B) (EN)
Gypframe 70 I 70 ‘I’ Studs at 600mm centres with Gyproc CoreBoard 19mm between studs, secured by Gypframe G110 Retaining Channel. Two layers of Gyproc FireLine 12.5mm to non-shaft side and 25mm Isover Acoustic Partition Roll (APR 1200) in the cavity. For heights up to 4400mm.
Fire Integrity (mins)
Fire Insulation (mins)
Sound Insulation (Airborne) Rw (dB)
Maximum Height (mm)
Partition Thickness (mm)
|StandardsBS EN 1364-1,Fire resistance tests for non-loadbearing elements - Walls.||Standard types|
|StandardsBS 2750-3,Measurement of sound insulation in buildings and of building elements. Laboratory measurements of airborne sound insulation of building elements.||Standard types|
|StandardsBS 5234-2,Specification for performance requirements for strength and robustness including methods of test.||Standard types|
|Insulation||Layer 1: 25mm Isover Acoustic Partition Roll (APR 1200)|
|Screws side 1||Layer 1: British Gypsum Jack-Point Screws 35mm
Layer 2: British Gypsum Jack-Point Screws 41mm
|Stud||Gypframe 70 I 70 'I' Stud|
|Abutment channel||Gypframe 70 SC 70 Starter Channel|
|Fixing strap||Gypframe GFS1 Fixing Strap|
|Retaining channel||Gypframe G110 Retaining Channel|
|Horizontal joint||Gypframe GA3 Steel Angle
Gyproc CoreBoard 19mm
|Base channel||Gypframe 72 DC 60 Deep Flange Floor & Ceiling Channel|
|Head channel||Gypframe 72 EDC 80 Extra Deep Flange Floor & Ceiling Channel|
|Board side 1||Layer 1: Gyproc FireLine 12.5mm
Layer 2: Gyproc FireLine 12.5mm
|Core||Gyproc CoreBoard 19mm|
This section should be read in conjunction with the Products list.
- Abutment Fixing: Gypframe starter channel suitably fixed wall at 600mm centres.
- Base Channel Fixing: Gypframe channel suitably fixed to floor at 600mm centres.
- Deflection Allowance: Vertical deflection only. To be determined by a Structural Engineer.
- Dropped Soffit: For principles of deflection head construction refer to detail ST‐129‐Z2L2‐07.
- Finishing Requirements: To achieve the specified performances, the system should be finished using either one of our Thistle or ThistlePro plasters, or Gyproc jointing products. See the product range guides on the British Gypsum website for more information.
- Fixing Strap: Used to support horizontal board joints in face layer of multiple layer board linings and enable board screw fixing at 300mm centres.
- Horizontal Joint: Horizontal board joints in core layer closed off by inserting steel angle between board joints and 122mm strip of core board fire stop with beads of sealant along both longer edges fixed to angle using three drywall screws.
- Loadbearing: No
- Maximum Height: The maximum heights quoted are limited by the fire state field of application or by limiting deflection of L/240 at 200 Pa, whichever is the lower of the two.
- Other Requirements: SpecSure® system performance warranty confirms that British Gypsum proprietary systems will perform as specified for the lifetime of the building. The SpecSure® warranty requires that all components are specified in full and constructed in accordance with British Gypsum’s installation guidance. For more details see the British Gypsum website. Always check with the design team before making any changes to the chosen specification, ensuring appropriate substantiation is sought to confirm that the solution still meets all required project performances.
- Retaining Channel: Retaining channels inserted between the face of the coreboard and the flange of the stud / starter channel.
- Screw: Board layers are fixed securely to Gypframe metal supports around the perimeter of the board and intermediate stud positions at maximum 300mm centres. External corners reduce fixings to 200mm. Drywall screws can be used for fixing boards to metal profiles with a thickness of 0.8mm or less (excluding 'I' studs). All joints staggered between layers. Fix working from the centre of each board. Position screws not less than 13mm from cut edged and 10mm from bound edges of boards . Set screw heads flush with plasterboard surface; do not break paper or gypsum core.
- Sealant: Locate sealant at junctions with adjoining structure and other air paths. Apply as a continuous bead to clean, dry, dust-free surfaces, leaving no gaps. After application of sealant, bulk fill gaps between floor and underside of plasterboard using Gyproc jointing compound. For pressurised airshafts and service ducts apply a continuous bead of sealant leaving no gaps to all framing members at perimeter junctions with walls, floors and ceilings, air gaps around openings, and other potential air leakage points. To frame members prior to fitting core boards and around fire stops cloaking horizontal core board joints. To all metal framing around board perimeters of first layer boarding and board perimeters when fixing outer layer board.
- Stud Centres (mm): 600 mm
- Approx. Weight (kg/m2): 39 kg/m²
- Head Channel Fixing: Gypframe channel suitably fixed through fire stop in to soffit at 300mm centres.
Need CAD, BIM, Test Reports and Technical Specifications?
Log in to access CAD .dwg files.
Log in and add a System Specification to a Project to access BIM files, Test Reports, and Technical Specification files.
Please add this Specification to a project and go to that Project to access the related Test Reports.
|Test report label||Test report name|
|Test report labelFire Resistance Test Report||Test report nameBTC 20790F|
|Test report nameBTC 17637F|
|Test report labelSound Insulation Test Report||Test report nameBTC 180LC|
|Test report labelPartition Duty Test Report||Test report nameBTC 20970LC|
A unique warranty that confirms British Gypsum proprietary systems will perform as specified for the lifetime of the building.