100mm solid block wall of density 1700 kg/m3 with 13mm plaster each side and Gypframe GL1 Lining Channel framework fixed to one side to give 35mm cavity with 25mm Isover Acoustic Partition Roll (APR 1200) in the cavity clad with two layers of Gyproc SoundBloc 12.5mm.
Sound Insulation (Airborne) Rw (dB)
Sound Insulation (Airborne) Rw + Ctr (dB)
|StandardsBS 2750-3,Measurement of sound insulation in buildings and of building elements. Laboratory measurements of airborne sound insulation of building elements.||Standard types|
|Fixing strap||Gypframe GFS1 Fixing Strap|
|Board side 1||Layer 1: Gyproc SoundBloc 12.5mm
Layer 2: Gyproc SoundBloc 12.5mm
|Base channel||Gypframe GL8 Track|
|Head channel||Gypframe GL8 Track|
|Stud||Gypframe GL1 Lining Channel|
|Insulation||Layer 1: 25mm Isover Acoustic Partition Roll (APR 1200)|
|Bracket fixing||British Gypsum Wafer Head Drywall Screws 13mm|
|Screws side 1||Layer 1: British Gypsum Drywall Screws 25mm
Layer 2: British Gypsum Drywall Screws 35mm
|Fixing method||Gypframe GL11 GypLyner Anchor|
|Channel connector||Gypframe GL3 Channel Connector|
|Thermal sealant||Gyproc Sealant|
|Bracket type||Gypframe GL2 Bracket|
This section should be read in conjunction with the Products list.
- Background: Plaster (13mm), 100mm Solid block wall (density 1700kg/m3), Plaster (13mm)
- Base Channel Fixing: Track suitably fixed to floor at 600mm centres.
- Finishing Requirements: To achieve the specified performances, the system should be finished using either one of our Thistle or ThistlePro plasters, or Gyproc jointing products. See the product range guides on the British Gypsum website for more information.
- Fixing Strap: Used to support horizontal board joints in face layer of multiple layer board linings and enable board screw fixing at 300mm centres.
- Loadbearing: No
- Other Requirements: SpecSure® system performance warranty confirms that British Gypsum proprietary systems will perform as specified for the lifetime of the building. The SpecSure® warranty requires that all components are specified in full and constructed in accordance with British Gypsum’s installation guidance. For more details see the British Gypsum website. Always check with the design team before making any changes to the chosen specification, ensuring appropriate substantiation is sought to confirm that the solution still meets all required project performances.
- Screw: Board layer 1 (inner), fix securely to Gypframe metal supports around the perimeter of the board at maximum 300mm centres; Board layer 2 (outer), fix securely to all Gypframe metal supports around the perimeter of the board and intermediate stud positions at maximum 300mm centres. External corners reduce fixings to 200mm. All joints staggered between layers. Fix working from the centre of each board. Position screws not less than 13mm from cut edges and 10mm from bound edges of boards. Set screw heads flush with plasterboard surface; do not break paper or gypsum core.
- Sealant: Locate sealant at junctions with adjoining structure and other air paths. Apply as a continuous bead to clean, dry, dust-free surfaces, leaving no gaps. After application of sealant, bulk fill gaps between floor and underside of plasterboard using Gyproc jointing compound.
- Stud Centres (mm): 600 mm
- Head Channel Fixing: Track suitably fixed to soffit at 600mm centres.
- Maximum Cavity / Offset (mm): 125 mm
- Minimum Cavity / Offset (mm): 35 mm
- Bracket Type Centres (mm): 800 mm
- Fixing Method: The brackets are fixed to the background with anchors for solid backgrounds or proprietary fixings for hollow backgrounds. Position lining channels at equal centres, maintaining sequence across openings, and locate in floor and ceiling track. Provide additional lining channels as necessary to ensure support to all vertical edges of boards. The legs of the bracket are fixed to the lining channel with wafer head screws then bent back from the lining channel face. For internal corners, legs are bent across the lining channel face and fixed using wafer head screws. Ensure end board joints do not coincide with lining channel joints.
- Framework / Lining: One Side
Need CAD, BIM, Test Reports and Technical Specifications?
Log in to access CAD .dwg files.
Log in and add a System Specification to a Project to access BIM files, Test Reports, and Technical Specification files.
Please add this Specification to a project and go to that Project to access the related Test Reports.
|Test report label||Test report name|
|Test report labelSound Insulation Test Report||Test report nameATR 2012|
A unique warranty that confirms British Gypsum proprietary systems will perform as specified for the lifetime of the building.