B216003 (D) (EN)
Two layers of Gyproc WallBoard 12.5mm to one side of Gypframe 70 I 70 ‘I’ Stud framework with 50mm Isover Steel Frame Infill Batts between studs forming an independent lining to structural steel columns, in association with external steel cladding (0.6mm). For heights up to 4000mm.
Fire Integrity (mins)
Fire Insulation (mins)
Maximum Height (mm)
|StandardsBS EN 1364-1,Fire resistance tests for non-loadbearing elements - Walls.||Standard types|
|StandardsBS 5234-2,Specification for performance requirements for strength and robustness including methods of test.||Standard types|
|Base channel||Gypframe 72 FEC 50 Folded Edge Standard Floor & Ceiling Channel|
|Head channel||Gypframe 72 FEC 50 Folded Edge Standard Floor & Ceiling Channel|
|Abutments and openings||Gypframe 70 S 50 'C' Stud|
|Stud||Gypframe 70 I 70 'I' Stud|
|Fixing strap||Gypframe GFS1 Fixing Strap|
|Insulation||Layer 1: 50mm Isover Steel Frame Infill Batt|
|Board side 1||Layer 1: Gyproc WallBoard 12.5mm
Layer 2: Gyproc WallBoard 12.5mm
|Thermal sealant||Gyproc Sealant|
|Screws side 1||Layer 1: British Gypsum Jack-Point Screws 25mm
Layer 2: British Gypsum Jack-Point Screws 35mm
This section should be read in conjunction with the Products list.
- Abutment Fixing: Gypframe 'C' stud suitably fixed to structure at 600mm centres.
- Background: Steel Clad External Wall
- Base Channel Fixing: Gypframe channel suitably fixed to floor at 600mm centres.
- Deflection Allowance: Vertical deflection only. To be determined by a Structural Engineer.
- Finishing Requirements: To achieve the specified performances, the system should be finished using either one of our Thistle or ThistlePro plasters, or Gyproc jointing products. See the product range guides on the British Gypsum website for more information.
- Fixing Strap: Used to support horizontal board joints in face layer of multiple layer board linings and enable board screw fixing at 300mm centres.
- Loadbearing: No
- Maximum Height: The maximum heights quoted are limited by the fire state field of application or by limiting deflection of L/240 at 200 Pa, whichever is the lower of the two.
- Other Requirements: SpecSure® system performance warranty confirms that British Gypsum proprietary systems will perform as specified for the lifetime of the building. The SpecSure® warranty requires that all components are specified in full and constructed in accordance with British Gypsum’s installation guidance. For more details see the British Gypsum website. Always check with the design team before making any changes to the chosen specification, ensuring appropriate substantiation is sought to confirm that the solution still meets all required project performances.
- Screw: Board layer 1 (inner), fix securely to Gypframe metal supports around the perimeter of the board at maximum 300mm centres; Board layer 2 (outer), fix securely to all Gypframe metal supports around the perimeter of the board and intermediate stud positions at maximum 300mm centres. External corners reduce fixings to 200mm. Drywall screws can be used for fixing boards to metal profiles with a thickness of 0.8mm or less (excluding 'I' studs). All joints staggered between layers. Fix working from the centre of each board. Position screws not less than 13mm from cut edges and 10mm from bound edges of boards. Set screw heads flush with plasterboard surface; do not break paper or gypsum core.
- Sealant: Locate sealant at junctions with adjoining structure and other air paths. Apply as a continuous bead to clean, dry, dust-free surfaces, leaving no gaps. After application of sealant, bulk fill gaps between floor and underside of plasterboard using Gyproc jointing compound.
- Stud Centres (mm): 600 mm
- Approx. Weight (kg/m2): 19 kg/m²
- Head Channel Fixing: Gypframe channel suitably fixed to soffit at 600mm centres.
- Minimum Cavity / Offset (mm): 30 mm
- Framework / Lining: One Side
Need CAD, BIM, Test Reports and Technical Specifications?
Log in to access CAD .dwg files.
Log in and add a System Specification to a Project to access BIM files, Test Reports, and Technical Specification files.
Please add this Specification to a project and go to that Project to access the related Test Reports.
|Test report label||Test report name|
|Test report labelFire Resistance Test Report||Test report nameBTC 21131F|
|Test report labelPartition Duty Test Report||Test report nameBTC 317LC|
A unique warranty that confirms British Gypsum proprietary systems will perform as specified for the lifetime of the building.