|StandardsBS EN 20354,Acoustics - Measurement of sound absorption in a reverberation room.||Standard types|
|Access hatch||Gyptone Line 6 Access Hatch|
|Suspension type||Gypframe MF8 Strap Hanger|
|Suspension fixing||British Gypsum Wafer Head Jack-Point Screws 13mm
Gypframe MF11 Nut and Bolt
|Soffit connection||Gypframe MF12 Soffit Cleat|
|Suspension type (alternative)||Gypframe FEA1 Steel Angle|
|Secondary framework||Gypframe MF5 Ceiling Section|
|Perimeter framing||Gypframe MF6 Perimeter Channel|
|Primary framework||Gypframe MF7 Primary Support Channel|
|Ceiling board||Layer 1: Gyptone Line 6|
|Framework fixing||British Gypsum Wafer Head Jack-Point Screws 13mm|
|Ceiling screws||Layer 1: British Gypsum Drywall Screws 25mm|
|Framework fixing (alternative)||Gypframe MF9 Connecting Clip|
|Insulation||Layer 1: 100mm Isover Spacesaver Ready-Cut|
This section should be read in conjunction with the Products list.
- Framework Fixing: Ceiling sections fixed to primary framework using wafer head screws or clips.
- Finishing Requirements: To achieve the specified performances, the system should be finished using Gyproc jointing products. See the product range guides on the British Gypsum website for more information.
- Loadbearing: No
- Maximum Ceiling Load (kg/m2): 30 kg/m²
- Other Requirements: SpecSure® system performance warranty confirms that British Gypsum proprietary systems will perform as specified for the lifetime of the building. The SpecSure® warranty requires that all components are specified in full and constructed in accordance with British Gypsum’s installation guidance. For more details see the British Gypsum website. Always check with the design team before making any changes to the chosen specification, ensuring appropriate substantiation is sought to confirm that the solution still meets all required project performances.
- Perimeter Framing: Perimeter channel suitably fixed to background at 600mm centres.
- Screw: Fix ceiling boards securely to all supports at maximum 230mm centres. Fix working from the centre of each board. Position screws not less than 13mm from cut edges and 10mm from bound edges of boards. Set screw heads flush with plasterboard surface; do not break paper or gypsum core.
- Structural Background: Concrete
- Maximum Cavity / Plenum (mm): 5600 mm
- Minimum Cavity / Plenum (mm): 400 mm
- Primary Framework Centres (mm): 1200 mm
- Access Hatch: Access in to ceiling cavity can be achieved by installing a complete frame and hatch comprising a frame 600mm x 600mm x 12.5mm thick and hatch opening 510mm x 510mm x 19mm thick including back panel.
- Secondary Framework Centres (mm): 600 mm
- Suspension Type: Strap hanger should be used for suspension up to 1000mm. Steel angle section can be used up to 5600mm.
- Suspension Type Centres (mm): 1200 mm
Log in to access CAD .dwg files.
Log in and add a System Specification to a Project to access BIM files, Test Reports, and Technical Specification files.
Please add this Specification to a project and go to that Project to access the related Test Reports.
|Test report label||Test report name|
|Test report labelSound Absorption Test Report||Test report nameBTC 2910A|
A unique warranty that confirms British Gypsum proprietary systems will perform as specified for the lifetime of the building.