GypCeiling MF suspended ceiling framework comprising Gypframe MF7 at 600mm centres and Gypframe MF5 at 400mm centres fixed to structure and lined with four layers of Gyproc FireLine 15mm with 150mm stone mineral wool roll (22kg/m3) laid over Gypframe MF5 Ceiling sections.
Fire Integrity (mins)
Fire Insulation (mins)
|StandardsBS EN 1364-2,Fire resistance tests for non-loadbearing elements - Ceilings.||Standard types|
|Secondary framework||Gypframe MF5 Ceiling Section|
|Suspension type (alternative)||Gypframe FEA1 Steel Angle|
|Perimeter framing||Gypframe MF6 Perimeter Channel|
|Primary framework||Gypframe MF7 Primary Support Channel|
|Fixing strap||Gypframe GFS1 Fixing Strap|
|Framework fixing||British Gypsum Wafer Head Jack-Point Screws 13mm|
|Suspension fixing||British Gypsum Wafer Head Jack-Point Screws 13mm
Gypframe MF11 Nut and Bolt
|Ceiling screws||Layer 1: British Gypsum Drywall Screws 25mm
Layer 2: British Gypsum Drywall Screws 40mm
Layer 3: British Gypsum Drywall Screws 55mm
Layer 4: British Gypsum Drywall Screws 75mm
|Ceiling board||Layer 1: Gyproc FireLine 15mm
Layer 2: Gyproc FireLine 15mm
Layer 3: Gyproc FireLine 15mm
Layer 4: Gyproc FireLine 15mm
|Soffit connection||Gypframe MF12 Soffit Cleat|
|Suspension type||Gypframe MF8 Strap Hanger|
|Insulation||Layer 1: 150mm stone mineral wool (22kg/m3)|
This section should be read in conjunction with the Products list.
- Framework Fixing: Ceiling sections fixed to primary framework using wafer head screws.
- Finishing Requirements: To achieve the specified performances, the system should be finished using either one of our Thistle or ThistlePro plasters, or Gyproc jointing products. See the product range guides on the British Gypsum website for more information.
- Fixing Strap: Used to support the outer layer longitudinal board joint and enable screw fixing at 200mm centres using British Gypsum Drywall Screws 25mm.
- Loadbearing: No
- Maximum Ceiling Load (kg/m2): 60 kg/m²
- Other Requirements: SpecSure® system performance warranty confirms that British Gypsum proprietary systems will perform as specified for the lifetime of the building. The SpecSure® warranty requires that all components are specified in full and constructed in accordance with British Gypsum’s installation guidance. For more details see the British Gypsum website. Always check with the design team before making any changes to the chosen specification, ensuring appropriate substantiation is sought to confirm that the solution still meets all required project performances.
- Perimeter Framing: Perimeter channel suitably fixed to background at 600mm centres.
- Screw: Ceiling board, Layers 1, 2 and 3, fix securely to all supports at maximum 230mm centres (reduced to 150mm at board ends and at ceiling perimeters). Ceiling board, Layer 4, fix securely to all supports at maximum 230mm centres within the field of the board, at 400mm centres along the longitudinal board joints in to each Gypframe MF5 Ceiling Support (reduced to 150mm at board ends and at ceiling perimeters). In addition the longitudinal board joints are fixed to the fixing strap at 200mm centres. All joints staggered between layers. Fix working from the centre of each board. Position screws not less than 13mm from cut edges and 10mm from bound edges of boards. Set screw heads flush with plasterboard surface; do not break paper or gypsum core.
- Sealant: Locate sealant at junctions with adjoining structure and other air paths. Apply as a continuous bead to clean, dry, dust-free surfaces, leaving no gaps.
- Structural Background: Floor or Roof Cavity
- Approx. Weight (kg/m2): 52 kg/m²
- Maximum Cavity / Plenum (mm): 5600 mm
- Minimum Cavity / Plenum (mm): 175 mm
- Primary Framework Centres (mm): 600 mm
- Secondary Framework Centres (mm): 400 mm
- Suspension Type: Strap hanger should be used for suspension up to 1000mm. Steel angle section can be used up to 5600mm.
- Suspension Type Centres (mm): 1200 mm
Need CAD, BIM, Test Reports and Technical Specifications?
Log in to access CAD .dwg files.
Log in and add a System Specification to a Project to access BIM files, Test Reports, and Technical Specification files.
Please add this Specification to a project and go to that Project to access the related Test Reports.
|Test report label||Test report name|
|Test report labelFire Resistance Test Report||Test report nameBTC 21111F|
A unique warranty that confirms British Gypsum proprietary systems will perform as specified for the lifetime of the building.