This section should be read in conjunction with the Products list.
- Background: Masonry
- Finishing Requirements: The system should be finished using either one of our Thistle or ThistlePro plasters, or Gyproc jointing products. See the product range guides on the British Gypsum website for more information.
- Loadbearing: No
- Other Requirements: SpecSure® system performance warranty confirms that British Gypsum proprietary systems will perform as specified for the lifetime of the building. The SpecSure® warranty requires that all components are specified in full and constructed in accordance with British Gypsum’s installation guidance. For more details see the British Gypsum website. Always check with the design team before making any changes to the chosen specification, ensuring appropriate substantiation is sought to confirm that the solution still meets all required project performances.
- Minimum Cavity / Offset (mm): 10 mm
- Fixing Method: Apply dabs of adhesive to the background for one board at a time, to achieve at least 20% contact with the surface area of the boards. One row of horizontal dabs to coincide with the top edge of each board. One continuous line of horizontal dabs to coincide with the bottom edge of each board. One row of vertical dabs to coincide with the side edges of each board, and additional vertical row(s) at 600mm maximum centres. Ensure dabs are at least 25mm from board edges.
- Framework / Lining: One Side
- Parge Coat: If required apply a parge coat at least 6mm thick to the entire surface of the background ensuring all cracked or unfilled joints are covered. Allow to set before following on with plasterboard installation.
- Secondary Fixing: Fix boards to the background using two nailable plugs per laminate, located at mid height 15mm from each of the side edges ensuring plugs penetrate at least 25mm into the background excluding the thickness of any existing plaster finishes. Drive nail heads slightly below the paper surface; do not break paper or gypsum core. For linings to receive ceramic finishes, apply one additional row of dabs at mid-storey height and nine nailable plugs through each board.
- Thermal Sealant: Before/during installation of dry lining system, fully seal all airpaths around the perimeter of the background and around structural openings and service penetrations through the background using adhesive. Apply as a continuous fillet, leaving no gaps.
Log in to access CAD .dwg files.
Log in and add a System Specification to a Project to access BIM files, Test Reports, and Technical Specification files.
A unique warranty that confirms British Gypsum proprietary systems will perform as specified for the lifetime of the building.