|StandardsBS EN 13381-4,Test methods for determining the contribution to the fire resistance of structural members: Applied protection to steel members.||Standard types|
This section should be read in conjunction with the Products list.
- Background: Steel Beam
- Finishing Requirements: Finishing is not required to achieve the specified performance, but the system can be finished using either one of our Thistle or ThistlePro plasters, or Gyproc jointing products. See the product range guides on the British Gypsum website for more information.
- Installation: Three sided beam encasement: Fix continuous lengths of steel angle to both sides of the top flange or background using fire resistant fixings at 600mm centres. Alternatively, use shot-fired fixings at the same centres. Ensure face of angle is flush with edge of flange. Fix fascia boards to angles using screws. In single layer linings fit 60mm wide backing strips behind end joints, fixed through fascia boards using screws. Fix fascia boards to soffit boards using screws. Stagger all joints by a minimum of 600mm in adjacent layers and multi-layer linings. Ensure all boards are cut square to maintain tight butt joints with no gaps, and the board-to-board edge fixings going through the vertical fascia board are secured into the centre of the Glasroc F FireCase soffit board.
- Loadbearing: No
- Other Requirements: SpecSure® system performance warranty confirms that British Gypsum proprietary systems will perform as specified for the lifetime of the building. The SpecSure® warranty requires that all components are specified in full and constructed in accordance with British Gypsum’s installation guidance. For more details see the British Gypsum website. Always check with the design team before making any changes to the chosen specification, ensuring appropriate substantiation is sought to confirm that the solution still meets all required project performances.
- Screw: Fix boards on adjacent faces to each other or to metal angles using screws at 150mm centres. Set screw heads flush with board surface.
- Encasement: The maximum permitted steel size which can be encased is 600mm.
Log in to access CAD .dwg files.
Log in and add a System Specification to a Project to access BIM files, Test Reports, and Technical Specification files.
Please add this Specification to a project and go to that Project to access the related Test Reports.
|Test report label||Test report name|
|Test report labelFire Resistance Test Report||Test report nameBTC 20871FC|
A unique warranty that confirms British Gypsum proprietary systems will perform as specified for the lifetime of the building.