|StandardsBS EN 1365-2,Fire resistance tests for loadbearing elements - Floors and roofs.||Standard types|
|StandardsBS 2750-3,Measurement of sound insulation in buildings and of building elements. Laboratory measurements of airborne sound insulation of building elements.||Standard types|
|StandardsBS 2750-6,Measurement of sound insulation in buildings and of building elements. Laboratory measurements of impact sound insulation of floors.||Standard types|
|Insulation||Layer 1: 100mm Isover Spacesaver Ready-Cut|
|SIF fixing||GypFloor SIF5 Floor Screws 55mm|
|Ceiling board||Layer 1: Gyproc Plank 19mm
Layer 2: Gyproc FireLine 12.5mm
|Infill panel||Gyproc Plank 19mm|
|Ceiling screws||Layer 1: British Gypsum Drywall Screws 35mm
Layer 2: British Gypsum Drywall Screws 45mm
|Horizontal bar fixing||British Gypsum Drywall Screws 35mm|
|SIF floor channel||Gypframe SIF1 Floor Channel
Gypframe SIF2 Floor Channel
Gypframe SIF4 Floor Channel
|Horizontal bar type||Ceiling: Gypframe RB1 Resilient Bar|
This section should be read in conjunction with the Products list.
- Finishing Requirements: To achieve the specified performances, the system should be finished using either one of our Thistle or ThistlePro plasters, or Gyproc jointing products. See the product range guides on the British Gypsum website for more information.
- Horizontal Bar: Horizontal resilient bars arranged perpendicular to the underside of joists and in short lengths between rows at perimeters fixed using drywall screws.
- Horizontal Bar Centres (mm): 450 mm
- Loadbearing: No
- Other Requirements: SpecSure® system performance warranty confirms that British Gypsum proprietary systems will perform as specified for the lifetime of the building. The SpecSure® warranty requires that all components are specified in full and constructed in accordance with British Gypsum’s installation guidance. For more details see the British Gypsum website. Always check with the design team before making any changes to the chosen specification, ensuring appropriate substantiation is sought to confirm that the solution still meets all required project performances.
- Screw: Fix ceiling boards securely to all supports at maximum 230mm centres (reduced to 150mm at board ends and at lining perimeters). Fix working from the centre of each board. Position screws not less than 13mm from cut edges and 10mm from bound edges of boards. Set screw heads flush with plasterboard surface; do not break paper or gypsum core.
- Sealant: Locate sealant at junctions with adjoining structure and other air paths. Apply as a continuous bead to clean, dry, dust-free surfaces, leaving no gaps.
- Structural Background: 21mm T&G floor boarding on Gyproc Plank 19mm on Gypframe SIF floor channels, 45 x 195mm solid joists at 450mm centres.
- Infill Panel: Fit Gyproc Plank 19mm, square edge, between channels with cut ends resting on flanges, leaving 3mm gap where planks abut channels.
- SIF Fixing: T&G walking surface by others fixed at 200mm centres using floor screws through Gyproc Plank 19mm and Gypframe SIF floor channels.
- SIF Floor Channel: For joists less than 30mm from the adjacent wall structure use Gypframe SIF2 Floor Channel. For joists 63mm or less use Gypframe SIF1 Floor Channel. For joists 64-75mm wide: Gypframe SIF4 Floor Channel and for joists more than 75mm wide: use two Gypframe SIF2 Floor Channel back to back, with foam inlay cut away on one side to allow for overlap.
Log in to access CAD .dwg files.
Log in and add a System Specification to a Project to access BIM files, Test Reports, and Technical Specification files.
Please add this Specification to a project to access the related Test Reports.
|Test report label||Test report name|
|Test report labelFire Resistance Test Report||Test report nameBTC 13228F|
|Test report labelSound Insulation Test Report||Test report nameBTC 2839A|
A unique warranty that confirms British Gypsum proprietary systems will perform as specified for the lifetime of the building.