C106046 MR1 (EN)
GypCeiling MF suspended ceiling fixed to structure and lined with an inner layer of Gyproc FireLine 12.5mm and an outer layer of Gyproc FireLine MR 12.5mm with 25mm stone mineral wool slabs (100kg/m3) laid over Gypframe MF5 Ceiling sections.
Fire Integrity (mins)
Fire Insulation (mins)
|StandardsBS EN 1364-2,Fire resistance tests for non-loadbearing elements - Ceilings.||Standard types|
|Framework fixing||British Gypsum Wafer Head Jack-Point Screws 13mm|
|Suspension fixing||British Gypsum Drywall Screws 35mm
British Gypsum Wafer Head Jack-Point Screws 13mm
|Ceiling screws||Layer 1: British Gypsum Drywall Screws 25mm
Layer 2: British Gypsum Drywall Screws 35mm
|Insulation||Layer 1: 25mm stone mineral wool (100kg/m3)|
|Secondary framework||Gypframe MF5 Ceiling Section|
|Framework fixing (alternative)||Gypframe MF9 Connecting Clip|
|Suspension type||Gypframe MF8 Strap Hanger|
|Soffit connection||Gypframe MF12 Soffit Cleat|
|Ceiling board||Layer 1: Gyproc FireLine 12.5mm
Layer 2: Gyproc FireLine MR 12.5mm
|Perimeter framing||Gypframe MF6 Perimeter Channel|
|Suspension type (alternative)||Gypframe FEA1 Steel Angle|
|Primary framework||Gypframe MF7 Primary Support Channel|
This section should be read in conjunction with the Products list.
- Framework Fixing: Ceiling sections fixed to primary framework using wafer head screws or clips.
- Finishing Requirements: To achieve the specified performances, the system should be finished using either one of our Thistle or ThistlePro plasters, or Gyproc jointing products. See the product range guides on the British Gypsum website for more information. For further guidance on skimming moisture resistant grade boards see the White Book - Finishes section.
- Loadbearing: No
- Maximum Ceiling Load (kg/m2): 30 kg/m²
- Other Requirements: SpecSure® system performance warranty confirms that British Gypsum proprietary systems will perform as specified for the lifetime of the building. The SpecSure® warranty requires that all components are specified in full and constructed in accordance with British Gypsum’s installation guidance. For more details see the British Gypsum website. Always check with the design team before making any changes to the chosen specification, ensuring appropriate substantiation is sought to confirm that the solution still meets all required project performances.
- Perimeter Framing: Perimeter channel suitably fixed to background at 600mm centres.
- Screw: Fix ceiling boards securely to all supports at maximum 230mm centres (reduced to 150mm at board ends and at ceiling perimeters). All joints staggered between layers. Fix working from the centre of each board. Position screws not less than 13mm from cut edges and 10mm from bound edges of boards. Set screw heads flush with plasterboard surface; do not break paper or gypsum core.
- Sealant: Locate sealant at junctions with adjoining structure and other air paths. Apply as a continuous bead to clean, dry, dust-free surfaces, leaving no gaps.
- Structural Background: Floor or Roof Cavity
- Approx. Weight (kg/m2): 22 kg/m²
- Maximum Cavity / Plenum (mm): 5600 mm
- Minimum Cavity / Plenum (mm): 100 mm
- Primary Framework Centres (mm): 1200 mm
- Secondary Framework Centres (mm): 450 mm
- Suspension Type: Strap hanger should be used for suspension up to 1000mm. Steel angle section can be used up to 5600mm.
- Suspension Type Centres (mm): 1200 mm
Need CAD, BIM, Test Reports and Technical Specifications?
Log in to access CAD .dwg files.
Log in and add a System Specification to a Project to access BIM files, Test Reports, and Technical Specification files.
Please add this Specification to a project and go to that Project to access the related Test Reports.
|Test report label||Test report name|
|Test report labelFire Resistance Test Report||Test report nameBTC 13188F|
A unique warranty that confirms British Gypsum proprietary systems will perform as specified for the lifetime of the building.