C106021 (C) (EN)
|StandardsBS EN 1365-2,Fire resistance tests for loadbearing elements - Floors and roofs.
|StandardsBS 2750-3,Measurement of sound insulation in buildings and of building elements. Laboratory measurements of airborne sound insulation of building elements.
|StandardsBS 2750-6,Measurement of sound insulation in buildings and of building elements. Laboratory measurements of impact sound insulation of floors.
|Layer 1: British Gypsum Drywall Screws 35mm
Layer 2: British Gypsum Drywall Screws 45mm
|Layer 1: 100mm Isover Spacesaver Ready-Cut
|British Gypsum Wafer Head Jack-Point Screws 13mm
|Gypframe GL3 Channel Connector
|Gypframe GL9 Bracket
|Gypframe GL1 Lining Channel
|Gypframe GL8 Track
|Layer 1: Gyproc Plank 19mm
Layer 2: Gyproc FireLine 12.5mm
This section should be read in conjunction with the Products list.
- Framework Fixing: Fixing bracket legs are bent down and fixed to lining channels using two wafer head screws. Bend back the protruding leg of each bracket to sit back from the lining channel face. Lining channels can be extended where required, by engaging channel ends over a channel connector.
- Finishing Requirements: To achieve the specified performances, the system should be finished using either one of our Thistle or ThistlePro plasters, or Gyproc jointing products. See the product range guides on the British Gypsum website for more information.
- Loadbearing: No
- Other Requirements: SpecSure® system performance warranty confirms that British Gypsum proprietary systems will perform as specified for the lifetime of the building. The SpecSure® warranty requires that all components are specified in full and constructed in accordance with British Gypsum’s installation guidance. For more details see the British Gypsum website. Always check with the design team before making any changes to the chosen specification, ensuring appropriate substantiation is sought to confirm that the solution still meets all required project performances.
- Perimeter Framing: Perimeter track suitably fixed to background at 600mm centres.
- Screw: Fix ceiling boards securely to all supports at maximum 230mm centres (reduced to 150mm at board ends and at ceiling perimeters). All joints staggered between layers. Fix working from the centre of each board. Position screws not less than 13mm from cut edges and 10mm from bound edges of boards. Set screw heads flush with plasterboard surface; do not break paper or gypsum core.
- Sealant: Locate sealant at junctions with adjoining structure and other air paths. Apply as a continuous bead to clean, dry, dust-free surfaces, leaving no gaps.
- Structural Background: 21mm T & G Floor Boarding, 38 x 195mm Solid Joists @ 600mm centres
- Maximum Cavity / Plenum (mm): 125 mm
- Minimum Cavity / Plenum (mm): 100 mm
- Primary Framework Centres (mm): 450 mm
- Suspension Type Centres (mm): 1200 mm
Log in to access CAD .dwg files.
Log in and add a System Specification to a Project to access BIM files, Test Reports, and Technical Specification files.
Please add this Specification to a project and go to that Project to access the related Test Reports.
|Test report label
|Test report name
|Test report labelFire Resistance Test Report
|Test report nameBTC 13228F
|Test report labelSound Insulation Test Report
|Test report nameBGATR 2030
A unique warranty that confirms British Gypsum proprietary systems will perform as specified for the lifetime of the building.