ThistlePro Magnetic Installation Instructions
Our guidance below shows the recommended way to apply ThistlePro Magnetic plaster. All times stated are approximate.
Transform your walls into interactive spaces with ThistlePro Magnetic.
- Add approx. 8 litres of clean water per 25kg bag to mixing bucket. Gradually add the plaster whilst mixing to a preferred consistency
- Apply the 1st coat at 2-3mm thick
- Flatten without removing material (Speedskims or large spatulas are useful)
60 - 90 mins
- Allow to firm up (approximately 60-70 mins on Gyproc WallBoard)
90 - 120 mins
- Mix a fresh batch and apply 2nd coat at 1-2mm thickness
- Trowel up as needed, avoid over polishing, avoid using water
210 - 240 mins
- On the final trowel, use minimal water and avoid over polishing
Time and processes are given as guidance. On site practice may vary. Finishing times are reduced by suction and extended by cold weather conditions.
Note: The working characteristics of ThistlePro Magnetic differ from other Thistle finishing plasters. These guidelines are based on plastering over Gyproc WallBoard. Thistle Bond-it treated backgrounds may push times out by 10-15 mins. Ensure that the product is suitable for the background to which it is being applied by using the Thistle Plaster Selector Guide.