On the road to net zero carbon
We are committed to achieving net zero carbon by 2050.
Our sustainability roadmap sets out our approach for the next three years as we continue to push for greater sustainability. We’ll be undertaking a huge amount of work across a variety of areas which include:
- Reducing waste and increasing recycled content in our manufacturing process
- Sourcing alternative energy supplies
- Improving energy efficiency across our sites.
Along with Celotex and Isover, British Gypsum is part of a collective of brands in Saint-Gobain Interior Solutions. Together, we’re working towards the target of net zero carbon by 2050. We have developed detailed plans that will be implemented between now and 2025 to help us push towards our overall goal as we head towards our 2030 targets.
Our 2030 targets:
- -50% water withdrawal, with zero water discharge in areas with extremely high water risk
- -33% CO2 reduction in scope 1 & 2
- -16% CO2 reduction in scope 3
- -80% non-recovered production residue
- +30% virgin raw materials avoided
- 100% recyclable packaging with 30% recycled or bio-sourced content
- 100% LCA for all group product ranges and systems
To help us achieve these, the sustainability roadmap has been separated into five different workstreams that have helped us hit several milestones in 2022 and will help focus our projects as we push towards achieving our wider sustainability goals aligned to the Saint-Gobain group.
We’re part of a collective of brands
For more information about our partner insulation brands Celotex and Isover and how they’re working towards net zero carbon visit insulation-uk.com/sustainability
You can download our full roadmap and find out more about our sustainability objectives and how we’re working to achieve them here.