ThistlePro DuraFinish Installation Instructions
Our guidance below shows the recommended way to apply ThistlePro DuraFinish. All times stated are approximate.
ThistlePro DuraFinish is a hard-wearing finishing plaster that helps to keep busy areas free from damage for longer.
- Add approx. 11.5 litres of clean water per 25kg bag to mixing bucket. Gradually add the plaster while mixing. Mix slightly wetter than other Thistle Plasters. Mixture stiffens slightly after mixing
- Once mixed, leave the product to sit for 5 mins, then remix a final time before applying
- Complete 1st coat (1mm thick)
20 - 45 mins
- Complete 2nd coat, the total thickness for both coats should be a minimum of 2mm
45 - 65 mins
- Closing in. Important: get as flat as possible at this stage to aid trowelling later. Do not use water at this stage, a wet trowel should be used
- 1st trowel
- 2nd trowel
- Final trowel to a matt finish (lubricated with minimal water)
Note: The working characteristics of ThistlePro DuraFinish differ from other Thistle finishing plasters. Use the Thistle Plaster Selector Guide to ensure that your chosen product is suitable for the background that you are applying it to.