Thistle HardWall Installation Instructions (Spray Application)
Our guidance below shows the recommended way to apply Thistle HardWall Spray. All times stated are approximate.
Thistle HardWall Spray is ideal for most medium to high suction backgrounds, including masonry such as bricks and aircrete blocks. The plaster even helps to keep efflorescence away from the surface so that there's one less thing to worry about.
- Add approx. 15 litres of clean water per 25kg bag for Thistle HardWall
- Note: This may need adjusting depending on your spray machine, to learn how to do this with your chosen machine, please refer to the machine manufacturer’s guidance
- Spray apply to an even thickness of 11mm built in 2 passes if required
10 - 20 mins
- Rule off to a flat surface with a rule or spatula to achieve a suitable surface to receive finishing plaster
45 - 90 mins
- Key surface by rubbing up with a devil float as the plaster firms up in preparation for finish coat application
- Product is generally set around 120 mins dependent on background suction
- Finish with a Thistle or ThistlePro finishing plaster
Times and processes are given as guidance. On site practice may vary. Finishing times are reduced by suction and extended by cold weather conditions.
NOTE: If the overall thickness exceeds 25mm, metal lathing will need to be fixed into the substrate in order to support the additional weight.
For very high suction backgrounds: Ensure adequate suction control with water takes place prior to application.