Gyproc QuickSand Installation Instructions
Our guidance below shows the recommended way to apply Gyproc QuickSand. All times stated are approximate.
Give plasterboard joints a flawless finish before decoration.
- Ensure that boards have been prepared for jointing
- Add 12.25 litres of clean water per bag to a clean mixing bucket. Gradually add the powder stirring continuously until a smooth creamy consistency is achieved.
- Leave to stand for 5 to 10 minutes before final mixing
- Apply to the joint in approx. 100mm wide band, centre and bed in Gyproc Joint Tape with a jointing knife or trowel
- Allow previous coats to dry fully before applying additional coats, removing high spots before feathering edges 50mm beyond the previous coat
- Final joints should be approx. 350mm wide for flat joints. Finished butt or end joints should be approx. 600mm wide
- Once all coats have fully dried, sand down to a smooth flat finish
- Seal the boards and joints with
Gyproc Drywall Primer or
Gyproc Drywall Sealer ready for decoration
Times and processes are given as guidance. On site practice may vary.
Note: If using Gyproc QuickSand for the finishing stages of jointing, refer to step 4 onwards once mixed. Gyproc QuickSand is also suitable for mechanical application.