Below you’ll find all of the information needed to complete wall lining, partition, floor and ceiling systems, no matter the size and complexity of the project specification.
93 results

How to support a secondary ceiling system from GypCeiling MF

A secondary GypCeiling MF ceiling can be supported from Gypframe FEA1 Steel Angle (fixed through to the Gypframe MF5 Ceiling Section above).

With Gypframe MF8 Strap Hanger or Gypframe FEA1 Steel Angle used to suspend the ceiling below.

View more

How much space is required to encase steel sections?

It depends on which product and system is being used. We offer a choice of two systems depending on requirements, firstly the FireCase system which uses the Glasroc F FireCase board to form a frameless encasement around the beam or column, and secondly the GypLyner Encase system which uses Gyproc FireLine plasterboard mounted on a Gypframe metal framework.

With the FireCase system the space used could be as little as 15mm which is the Glasroc F FireCase board itself. The GypLyner Encase system requires more space due to the metal framework between the plasterboards and the steel section.

View more

Which Robust Detail can I use for plaster?

E-WM-1, E-WM-2, E-WM-18 & E-WM - 21 all deal with dense and lightweight aggregate blockwork with a 2 coat plastered lining.

View more

How do I form a cavity barrier?

The definition and requirement for a ‘cavity barrier’ is detailed within building regulations, e.g. Approved Document B, Scottish Technical Standard 2, and is not the same as ‘fire-stopping’ or ‘fire barrier’.

View more

What thicknesses are plasters applied?

Undercoat plasters are usually applied at 11mm and most finish coat plasters are applied at 2mm. These thickness' are nominal and determined by deviations in the substrate. Recommendations for the application thickness of Thistle plaster products can be found in our selector guides: ThistlePro Selector Guide, Thistle Essential Selector Guide. The charts also include coverage, setting times, and other application information.

View more

What do you apply to cut board edges, for example at window openings, etc?

We supply a number of accessories which can be applied to the board edges, such as Gyproc Drywall Edge Beads (metal and plastic).

View more

How do you build a fire-rated partition where access is limited to one side only?

Our GypWall Shaft system is designed for this application.

View more