Please note, this one day course covers DriLyner RF and DriLyner TL. If you would like more detail on the other two systems, please contact us prior to booking.
- The differences between the systems and which to select in relation to the background condition of walls
- The process for compliance to PAS 2030, 2035 and the responsibility on companies to have good quality management systems
— Assessing backgrounds for the inclusion of perimeter seals to reduce air leakage from buildings
- System installation
- Thermal bridging at openings, and floor voids
- Selecting the correct type and thickness of thermal boards
- The process required to become carded on each specific system
- The importance of customer service when work is being carried out by installers
- Ventilation and moisture management, maintaining current ventilation and potential requirements to add ventilation to help control moisture within the building fabric.
Registered Installer Cards
Post training, installers can become members of our carded Registered Installer Scheme
To become carded, the attendee requires a site visit to see the system they were trained on being installed. This is done by our approved 3rd party inspectors. A separate fee will be charged for the on site inspection.
Cards are issued upon successful completion of an onsite Inspection. Onsite inspection include checking the correct British Gypsum products are being used, thermal bridges and air leakage have been minimised and importantly ventilation to the solid wall construction has been maintained or installed (if required by the retrofit design for the building). These inspections are required on an annual basis in order to maintain Registered Installer status
Please Allow 10 working days following a site visit for cards being sent out to companies.
Please note: It is possible to book the course without wanting to become a registered installer; in which case an on site assessment is not required.
Evidence towards qualifications
Courses can provide evidence towards Building Insulation treatments NVQ level 2 internal wall insulation.
Dates and booking
Please contact your local Academy Manager for further information and to make a course booking.
Discover our internal wall insulation solutions and systems here
IWI Case Studies
Energy Saving Trust, Whitby Bay - Reduction in gas consumption by 37% giving a 1098kg reduction in CO2 emissions, saving the homeowner £269 over the year