ShaftWall (C05 S02)
Shaft and duct encasement system.
ShaftWall provides a lightweight, fire resistant structure to protect elements in confined spaces wherever access is limited to one side only.
The system provides a protective structure which can be incorporated at an early stage of the construction without the need for scaffolding.
The system can also be built horizontally to provide a fire rated membrane.
- Horizontal membranes are built entirely from below
- A ShaftWall variant with non-combustible Glasroc F firecase board linings is available
- High level commonality with GypWall partition components, particularly 70mm stud solutions
- Higher certainty of installed acoustic performance due to laboratory tests incorporating deflection heads
- Can be used where access is limited to one side at the head, e.g. M & E cages already installed in corridors