Thistle Universal OneCoat Installation Instructions (Spray Application)
Our guidance below shows the recommended way to apply Thistle Universal OneCoat. All times stated are approximate.
Thistle Universal OneCoat allows you to patch and finish walls with a single product.
The most common way to mix and apply Thistle Universal OneCoat (spray applied) is using a worm pump plastering machine. To learn how to do this with your chosen machine, please refer to the manufacturer’s guidance. In general, the plaster’s consistency should be slightly softer than that used for hand application.
- Add approx. 15 litres of clean water per 25kg bag to mixing bucket. Gradually add the plaster whilst mixing. Avoid excessive mechanical mixing
- Spray apply to an even thickness of approx. 13mm (10mm for ceiling applications) built up in 2 passes
- One sprayed over the surface you require, flatten as you would if hand applied
45 - 90 mins
- Flatten off with the appropriate tool for size of the job (i.e. trowel or rule)
120 - 150 mins
- Continue to flatten and when firm scour with sponge float to raise fat to the surface. Trowel progressively to a smooth, matt surface
Times and processes are given as guidance. On site practice may vary. Finishing times are reduced by suction and extended by cold weather conditions.
NOTE: Maximum thickness is 25mm, built up in layers of around 8mm. If overall thickness exceeds 25mm, metal lathing will need to be fixed into the substrate in order to support the additional weight. Use the Thistle Plaster Selector Guide to ensure that your chosen product is suitable for the background that you are applying it to.
For very high suction backgrounds: Ensure adequate suction control with water takes place prior to application.