Thistle HardWall Installation Instructions
Our guidance below shows the recommended way to apply Thistle HardWall. All times stated are approximate.
Prevent damage to walls in busy, high-traffic areas with Thistle Hardwall.
- Add approx. 15 litres of clean water per 25kg bag to mixing bucket. Gradually add the plaster while mixing. Avoid excessive mechanical mixing
- Apply layer 11mm
20 - 40 mins
- Flatten off with appropriate tool for the size of the job (i.e. trowel or rule)
120 - 150 mins
- Key surface by rubbing up with a devil float as the plaster firms up in preparation for finish coat application
- Product is generally set around 120 mins dependent on background suction
- Finish with a Thistle or ThistlePro finishing plaster
Times and processes are given as guidance. On site practice may vary. Finishing times are reduced by suction and extended by cold weather conditions.
NOTE: Thicknesses in excess of 11mm should be built up in a series of 8mm fully keyed coats (subject to background suitability). A new mix of plaster should be used for each new layer which can be applied after the previous coat has firmed up.
For very high suction backgrounds: Ensure adequate suction control with water takes place prior to application.