Thistle DriCoat Installation Instructions
Our guidance below shows the recommended way to apply Thistle DriCoat.
Thistle DriCoat is the best choice for replastering after flooding or a new damp proof course has been installed. It is suitable for walls only.
- Add approx. 15 litres of clean water per 25kg bag to mixing bucket. Gradually add the plaster while mixing. Avoid excessive mechanical mixing
- Apply layer 11mm
20 - 40 mins
- Flatten off with appropriate tool for the size of the job (i.e. trowel or rule)
120 - 150 mins
- Key surface by rubbing up with a devil float as the plaster firms up in preparation for finish coat application
- Allow to dry for a minimum of 24 hours before finishing
Times and processes are given as guidance. On site practice may vary. Finishing times are reduced by suction and extended by cold weather conditions.
NOTE: Thicknesses in excess of 11mm should be built up in a series of 8mm fully keyed coats (subject to background suitability). A new mix of plaster should be used for each new layer which can be applied after the previous coat has firmed up.
Use the Thistle Plaster Selector Guide to ensure that your chosen product is suitable for the background that you are applying it to.
For very high suction backgrounds:
- Ensure adequate suction control with water takes place prior to application.
- Finish with Thistle BoardFinish only.