Gyproc DriWall Adhesive Installation Instructions
Our guidance below shows the recommended way to apply Gyproc DriWall Adhesive. All times stated are approximate.
Bond plasterboard to walls fast.
- Add 15.5 litres of clean water per 25kg bag into a clean mixing bucket
- Gradually add the powder and mix until product is a smooth consistency
- Leave to rest for 5 minutes before applying
5 - 90 mins
- Ensure adequate background suction control with water or Thistle GypPrime takes place prior to application
- Apply dabs that are between 50mm and 75mm wide, around 250mm long (the length of a trowel) and between 10mm and 25mm thick onto dry surface
- Dabs should be applied in a regular pattern to give a minimum area of contact between the board and background of 20%
- Trowel apply a continuous fillet of
Gyproc DriWall Adhesive to the perimeter
of the walls, services and openings
for optimum airtightness
- Depending on site conditions,
Gyproc DriWall Adhesive takes minimum
2 hours to set
- Allow product to fully set before finishing. We recommend leaving for 3-6 hours to fully set
Time and processes are given as guidance. On site practice may vary. Finishing times are reduced by suction and extended by cold weather conditions.
Note: Working time is approx. 90 mins.