Supporting our local communities: the 2021 yearbook
In 2020 we launched our Building Better Communities programme with the aim of making the world a better home by taking care of the local communities and natural spaces surrounding each of our six sites.
The 2021 yearbook details our first full year of Building Better Communities. It shows how we supported our objectives by fundraising for local charities and construction industry charity CRASH, as well as by donating funds, materials and time to projects that benefit local communities.
Here’s an overview of what we achieved in 2021:
- Fundraised for ten charities that are local to our six sites
- Helped construction industry charity CRASH support homelessness charities and hospices
- Donated £5,000 to a volunteer bus service that keeps local communities connected
- Worked with local schools to create new libraries and transform a playground so that pupils have more opportunities to learn and explore
- Donated towards a bench that reminds people of the community spirit shown during the pandemic
- Restored rural spaces in Leicestershire and Cumbria so local community members can continue to enjoy outdoor spaces safely
- Collaborated with the Nottinghamshire Wildlife Trust to install a bat hotel that supports local biodiversity
You can read more about our recent work by downloading the yearbook.