Supporting Merchants and Contractor Partners
We’re here to help with the widest range of performance, value-for-money internal lining solutions.
We’ll work with you and your merchant and contractor partners to choose the best solutions and services for your needs.
We can support you and your partners to keep homes and communal areas to decent standards in an efficient and effective way.
Supporting Merchants and Contractor partners
Solutions that will last a lifetime
Our plaster and drylining solutions have generations of experience and technical know-how built in. We use only the highest quality components, developed and tested to work together to deliver specified performance. That's why we guarantee our systems with a unique SpecSure lifetime performance warranty.
SpecSure is more than simply a performance warranty. It means the British Gypsum systems you specify:
- Have a guaranteed lifetime performance
- Have the technical expertise and experience of the UK's leading drywall specialist behind them
- Have been site tested to demonstrate installation integrity and simplicity
- Have been tested in UKAS-accredited fire, acoustic; and structural test laboratories
- Will perform to published parameters throughout the lifetime of each system
- Will be repaired or replaced by British Gypsum in the unlikely event of system failure attributed to unsatisfactory product/ system performance
- Will be supported at every stage of the project by the UK's leading on and off-site technical support personnel
Total peace of mind for you and your residents.
To get repairs and improvements right first time and ensure resident satisfaction, we offer a comprehensive range of training to all of our customers; from merchants through to plasterers and drylining installers.
Our courses are designed to increase knowledge on the products and systems we offer, as well as providing practical courses covering drylining, metal stud partitioning, plastering and jointing, fire protection and ceiling systems.
Training course are run by our fully qualified instructors at our Saint-Gobain Training Academies across the country. Alternatively you can talk to your British Gypsum representative about in-branch training.
British Gypsum has a range of delivery vehicle sizes ensuring that deliveries can be safely accepted at your premises. We also offer assistance with offloading if required.
You can take advantage of our extensive high performance product range by combining products in one order for delivery to a single destination. These include Gyproc plasterboard, Thistle plaster, Gypframe metal, specialist boards and ceiling products.
All items will be delivered on the same vehicle, where possible.
Evening and weekend deliveries may be available on request.
To help you store and move product quickly and easily, keeping your business operating efficiently, we deliver all Gyproc plasterboards and specialist boards on returnable pallets. Refunds are made for all pallets which are confirmed as re-usable after a quality inspection.
All specialist boards (excluding Rigidur H), Gyproc ThermaLine laminate boards and ceiling products have protective weatherproof hoods fitted as standard. Protective hoods for all other plasterboard products and Thistle plasters are available on request.
Most products are available for next day delivery from stock. Some products have an extended lead time. We’ll confirm all product lead times at the time of ordering. All orders are managed by our friendly Customer Services team.
We understand how important product availability is to ensure that repair and maintenance work is carried out quickly and effectively and with as little disruption to the tenant as possible. This applies not only to repair and maintenance but also to empty properties that need to be speedily turned around to house the next occupants.
Our products and systems are available in over 3,500 outlets nationwide. Talk to us to ensure that your preferred merchants stock your chosen British Gypsum products and systems.
When you are making key product decisions, we’re there to support you every step of the way.
Speak to one of our repair and planned maintenance managers. They will be happy to discuss both our full range and recently launched products. They can also support you in accessing the wide range of British Gypsum resources.
Our experts in the Technical Support Team are on hand to help you with all your technical requirements; ranging from typical details and specifications through to installation guidance and U-value calculations to help you meet your thermal performance requirements.
Responsible sourcing and sustainable design is at the heart of everything that we do.
Plasterboard Recycling – To minimise waste, we offer a Plasterboard Recycling Service (PRS) for new build waste and scrap from new products.
Life Cycle Analysis – We use Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) as our main tool for measuring the environmental footprint of our products and solutions. It measures the impact of various environmental categories; these include fossil fuel depletion, climate change, water extraction and waste disposal across a product’s whole life cycle. An Environmental Product Declaration (EPD) is produced which communicates the environmental data generated from the Life Cycle Assessment.
See Life Cycle assessments for more details.
- Four years with zero plasterboard waste to landfill
- First UK manufacturer to gain ISO 14001 certification across all sites
- First UK plaster and plasterboard manufacturer to achieve a rating of ‘Excellent’ to BES 6001 – Responsible Sourcing of Construction Products, in October 2014. Products certified :UK manufacturer Gyproc plasterboards, Glasroc specialist boards, Thistle plasters, Gyproc Cove and Gypframe metal products
- More than 55,000 hours of employee and customer training last year
- Awarded ‘Most Improved Safety Performance’ and ‘Best Overall Safety Performance’ 2011 across all Saint-Gobain global businesses
See our Corporate Social Responsibility section for further details