British Gypsum offers a comprehensive range of services to specifiers and installers of our products, from design advice and assistance at the outset of the project, to on-site support during construction.
We can provide extensive resource, both nationally and regionally, to assist your Technical and Design teams, with specification and detailing requirements, including;
- Early engagement commitment to maximise every opportunity of value engineering and waste reduction
- Assistance with legislation and regulations, including; Building Regulations, Code for Sustainable Homes credit contributions and product lifecycle assessments
- Provision of full system test certificates to substantiate acoustic, fire, structural and maximum height performance
- Rationalisation of ‘on-site’ components to improve buildability of drywall systems
- Bespoke Gyproc plasterboard and Gypframe metal stud size service to reduce waste material and associated labour costs
- Commitment to support site management at the start of a development
- Continuous commitment to support your site teams and associated sub-contractors, through the network of regional British Gypsum Area Technical Support Managers
- Post development analysis, to discuss and understand any potential areas of design for improvements and to understand any product or detailing gaps in the current offering
- Additional ‘Technical Advice Line’ resource as a further commitment to your design and site teams
T: 0115 945 6123
F: 0115 945 1616
We've got the UK's best training facilities, best instructors and our courses have been designed in conjunction with leading trade and industry bodies to ensure that we are teaching the skills you'll need on site.
If you’re looking to change career or learn a new skill; need foundation site training; are looking to update system knowledge and skills; or need specialised training in drylining, fire protection, ceiling systems or decorative finishing - there's no better place to start.
The Saint-Gobain Technical Academies have been designed to help combat the industry’s skills shortage and provide training on new technologies and systems, as well as up-to-date information around legislation.
As Building Regulations become more onerous, construction industry professionals are finding themselves facing a number of new products and systems that require very different skills from more traditional building materials and methods. The Academies focus on equipping these professionals with key knowledge about the sustainable building agenda as well as the vital skills needed to deliver it.
Increasingly residential building designers are looking to minimise air leakage issues by providing two-coat solid plaster to the external walls (undercoat plaster and finishing coat) which also provides a solid background to aid subsequent fixing by the homeowner. Where plastering contractors have a skills gap, the Technical Academies can support on-site training as well as within the Technical Academy to cover the application of backing coat plasters.
The first British Gypsum training centre opened in Erith in 1966 and was subsequently followed by two additional British Gypsum training centres.
In June 2011, the British Gypsum training centre at East Leake became the first Saint-Gobain Technical Academy offering a 2,500 sq ft training facility that can train upwards of 30 people per day. This was shortly followed by the opening of a second Academy in Bristol, and a third in Erith.
The Academies are supported by experts from a number of Saint-Gobain manufacturing businesses, including British Gypsum, Isover and Weber. This enables customers to access up-to-date information and training on a wide range of products and systems from a number of Saint-Gobain’s brands.
The Training Academies cover a wide range of skills such as internal and external acoustic and thermal insulation, drylining and plastering.
The courses offered will continually develop to keep up with the changing regulatory and building design requirements. Additional bespoke courses can also be requested.