L216002 MR1 (EN)
Inner layer of Gyproc Habito 12.5mm and an outer layer of Gyproc SoundBloc 15mm one side and Inner layer of Gyproc Habito 12.5mm and an outer layer of Gyproc SoundBloc MR 15mm the other side fixed to outside faces of two Gypframe 48 S 50 ‘C’ Stud frameworks with studs at 600mm centres, cross braced using Gypframe 99 FC 50 Fixing Channel at 1200mm centres. 50mm Isover Acoustic Partition Roll (APR 1200) in the cavity. For heights up to 4000mm.
Fire Integrity (mins)
Fire Insulation (mins)
Sound Insulation (Airborne) Rw (dB)
Sound Insulation (Airborne) Rw + Ctr (dB)
Maximum Height (mm)
Partition Thickness (mm)
|StandardsBS EN ISO 10140-2,Acoustics - Laboratory measurement of sound insulation of building elements. Measurement of airborne sound insulation.||Standard types|
|StandardsBS 5234-2,Specification for performance requirements for strength and robustness including methods of test.||Standard types|
|StandardsBS EN 1364-1,Fire resistance tests for non-loadbearing elements - Walls.||Standard types|
|Fixing strap||Gypframe GFS1 Fixing Strap|
|Base channel||Gypframe 50 FEC 50 Folded Edge Standard Floor & Ceiling Channel|
|Head channel||Gypframe 50 FEC 50 Folded Edge Standard Floor & Ceiling Channel|
|Bracing||Gypframe 99 FC 50 Fixing Channel|
|Stud||Gypframe 48 S 50 'C' Stud|
|Abutments and openings||Gypframe 48 S 50 'C' Stud|
|Board side 1||Layer 1: Gyproc Habito 12.5mm
Layer 2: Gyproc SoundBloc 15mm
|Board side 2||Layer 1: Gyproc Habito 12.5mm
Layer 2: Gyproc SoundBloc MR 15mm
|Screws side 1||Layer 1: British Gypsum High Performance Screws 25mm
Layer 2: British Gypsum Drywall Screws 40mm
|Screws side 2||Layer 1: British Gypsum High Performance Screws 25mm
Layer 2: British Gypsum Drywall Screws 40mm
|Bracing fixing||British Gypsum Wafer Head Drywall Screws 13mm|
|Insulation||Layer 1: 50mm Isover Acoustic Partition Roll (APR 1200)|
This section should be read in conjunction with the Products list.
- Abutment Fixing: Two rows of Gypframe 'C' stud suitably fixed to structure at 600mm centres.
- Bracing Centres: For heights up to 2400mm - one brace at mid-point for each stud pair; for heights greater than 2400mm - one brace half staggered for each stud pair, fixed with two wafer head screws per stud.
- Bracing Centres (mm): 1200 mm
- Base Channel Fixing: Two rows of Gypframe channel suitably fixed to floor at 600mm centres.
- Deflection Allowance: Vertical deflection only. To be determined by a Structural Engineer.
- Dropped Soffit: For principles of deflection head construction refer to detail ST‐125‐Z1L2‐09.
- Finishing Requirements: To achieve the specified performances, the system should be finished using either one of our Thistle or ThistlePro plasters, or Gyproc jointing products. See the product range guides on the British Gypsum website for more information. For further guidance on skimming moisture resistant grade boards see the White Book - Finishes section.
- Fixing Strap: Used to support horizontal board joints in face layer of multiple layer board linings and enable board screw fixing at 300mm centres.
- Loadbearing: No
- Maximum Height: The maximum heights quoted are limited by the fire state field of application or by limiting deflection of L/240 at 200 Pa, whichever is the lower of the two.
- Other Requirements: SpecSure® system performance warranty confirms that British Gypsum proprietary systems will perform as specified for the lifetime of the building. The SpecSure® warranty requires that all components are specified in full and constructed in accordance with British Gypsum’s installation guidance. For more details see the British Gypsum website. Always check with the design team before making any changes to the chosen specification, ensuring appropriate substantiation is sought to confirm that the solution still meets all required project performances.
- Screw: Board layer 1 (Inner), fix securely to Gypframe metal supports around the perimeter of the board at maximum 300mm centres; Board layer 2 (outer), fix securely to all Gypframe metal supports around the perimeter of the board and intermediate stud positions at maximum 300mm centres. External corners reduce fixings to 200mm. All joints staggered between layers. Fix working from the centre of each board. Position screws not less than 13mm from cut edges and 10mm from bound edges of boards. Set screw heads flush with plasterboard surface; do not break paper or gypsum core.
- Sealant: Locate sealant at junctions with adjoining structure and other air paths. Apply as a continuous bead to clean, dry, dust-free surfaces, leaving no gaps. After application of sealant, bulk fill gaps between floor and underside of plasterboard using Gyproc joint compound.
- Stud: Two rows of Gypframe studs arranged in pairs.
- Stud Centres (mm): 600 mm
- Approx. Weight (kg/m2): 52 kg/m²
- Head Channel Fixing: Two rows of Gypframe channel suitably fixed to soffit at 600mm centres.
Need CAD, BIM, Test Reports and Technical Specifications?
Log in to access CAD .dwg files.
Log in and add a System Specification to a Project to access BIM files, Test Reports, and Technical Specification files.
Please add this Specification to a project and go to that Project to access the related Test Reports.
|Test report label||Test report name|
|Test report labelFire Resistance Test Report||Test report nameBTC 20103F|
|Test report labelSound Insulation Test Report||Test report nameBTC 20472A|
|Test report labelPartition Duty Test Report||Test report nameBTC 20363LC|
A unique warranty that confirms British Gypsum proprietary systems will perform as specified for the lifetime of the building.