A233006S (B) (EN)
One layer of Gyproc SoundBloc 15mm each side of Gypframe 92 I 90 ‘I’ Studs in Gypframe 148 DC 60 Deep Flange Floor & Ceiling Channel. Gypframe SC2 Spacer Clips and alternate studs staggered in the channel at 300mm centres. 25mm Isover Acoustic Partition Roll (APR 1200) in the cavity with 2mm Thistle MultiFinish on each side. For heights up to 5400mm.
Fire Integrity (mins)
Fire Insulation (mins)
Sound Insulation (Airborne) Rw (dB)
Maximum Height (mm)
Partition Thickness (mm)
|StandardsBS EN ISO 10140-2,Acoustics - Laboratory measurement of sound insulation of building elements. Measurement of airborne sound insulation.||Standard types|
|StandardsBS 5234-2,Specification for performance requirements for strength and robustness including methods of test.||Standard types|
|StandardsBS EN 1364-1,Fire resistance tests for non-loadbearing elements - Walls.||Standard types|
|Abutments and openings||Gypframe 146 S 50 'C' Stud|
|Fixing T||Gypframe GFT1 Fixing 'T'|
|Fixing strap||Gypframe GFS1 Fixing Strap|
|Base channel||Gypframe 148 DC 60 Deep Flange Floor & Ceiling Channel|
|Head channel||Gypframe 148 DC 60 Deep Flange Floor & Ceiling Channel|
|Board side 1||Layer 1: Gyproc SoundBloc 15mm|
|Board side 2||Layer 1: Gyproc SoundBloc 15mm|
|Clips||Gypframe SC2 Spacer Clip|
|Screws side 1||Layer 1: British Gypsum Jack-Point Screws 25mm|
|Screws side 2||Layer 1: British Gypsum Jack-Point Screws 25mm|
|Finish coat||Side 1: Thistle MultiFinish
Side 2: Thistle MultiFinish
|Stud||Gypframe 92 I 90 'I' Stud|
|Insulation||Layer 1: 25mm Isover Acoustic Partition Roll (APR 1200)|
This section should be read in conjunction with the Products list.
- Abutment Fixing: Gypframe 'C' stud suitably fixed to structure at 600mm centres in two lines staggered by 300mm.
- Base Channel Fixing: Gypframe channel suitably fixed to floor at 600mm centres in two lines staggered by 300mm.
- Clips: Clips positioned at the top and bottom of each Gypframe 'I' stud.
- Deflection Allowance: Vertical deflection only. To be determined by a Structural Engineer.
- Dropped Soffit: For principles of deflection head construction refer to detail ST-123-Z2L1-07
- Finish Coat Thickness - Side 1 (mm): 2 mm
- Finish Coat Thickness - Side 2 (mm): 2 mm
- Fixing Strap: Used to support horizontal board joints and enable board screw fixing at 300mm centres.
- Fixing T: Used to support horizontal board joints and enable board screw fixing at 300mm centres.
- Loadbearing: No
- Maximum Height: The maximum heights quoted are limited by the fire state field of application or by limiting deflection of L/240 at 200 Pa, whichever is the lower of the two.
- Other Requirements: SpecSure® system performance warranty confirms that British Gypsum proprietary systems will perform as specified for the lifetime of the building. The SpecSure® warranty requires that all components are specified in full and constructed in accordance with British Gypsum’s installation guidance. For more details see the British Gypsum website. Always check with the design team before making any changes to the chosen specification, ensuring appropriate substantiation is sought to confirm that the solution still meets all required project performances.
- Screw: Board layer 1, fix securely to Gypframe metal supports around the perimeter of the board and intermediate stud positions at maximum 300mm centres. External corners reduce fixings to 200mm. Drywall screws can be used for fixing boards to metal profiles with a thickness of 0.8mm or less. All joints staggered between layers. Fix working from the centre of each board. Position screws not less than 13mm from cut edges and 10mm from bound edges of boards. Set screw heads flush with plasterboard surface; do not break paper or gypsum core.
- Sealant: Locate sealant at junctions with adjoining structure and other air paths. Apply as a continuous bead to clean, dry, dust-free surfaces, leaving no gaps. After application of sealant, bulk fill gaps between floor and underside of plasterboard using Gyproc joint compound.
- Sound Insulation: Including skim finish to both sides.
- Stud: Two rows of Gypframe studs alternately staggered in Gypframe channel.
- Stud Centres (mm): 300 mm
- Approx. Weight (kg/m2): 28 kg/m²
- Head Channel Fixing: Gypframe channel suitably fixed to soffit at 600mm centres in two lines staggered by 300mm.
Need CAD, BIM, Test Reports and Technical Specifications?
Log in to access CAD .dwg files.
Log in and add a System Specification to a Project to access BIM files, Test Reports, and Technical Specification files.
Please add this Specification to a project and go to that Project to access the related Test Reports.
|Test report label||Test report name|
|Test report labelFire Resistance Test Report||Test report nameBTC 21552F|
|Test report labelSound Insulation Test Report||Test report nameA233006S LC|
|Test report labelPartition Duty Test Report||Test report nameBTC 316LC|
A unique warranty that confirms British Gypsum proprietary systems will perform as specified for the lifetime of the building.