A206138 MR1 (EN)
One layer of Gyproc WallBoard 12.5mm one side and one layer of Gyproc Moisture Resistant 12.5mm the other side of Gypframe 70 S 50 'C' Studs at 600mm centres. 50mm Isover Acoustic Partition Roll (APR 1200) in the cavity. For heights up to 3600mm.
|StandardsBS EN ISO 140-3,Acoustics - Measurement of sound insulation in buildings and of building elements. Laboratory measurement of airborne sound insulation of building elements.||Standard types|
|StandardsBS 5234-2,Specification for performance requirements for strength and robustness including methods of test.||Standard types|
|StandardsBS EN 1364-1,Fire resistance tests for non-loadbearing elements - Walls.||Standard types|
|Insulation||Layer 1: 50mm Isover Acoustic Partition Roll (APR 1200)|
|Screws side 1||Layer 1: British Gypsum Drywall Screws 25mm|
|Screws side 2||Layer 1: British Gypsum Drywall Screws 25mm|
|Board side 2||Layer 1: Gyproc Moisture Resistant 12.5mm|
|Board side 1||Layer 1: Gyproc WallBoard 12.5mm|
|Base channel||Gypframe 72 FEC 50 Folded Edge Standard Floor & Ceiling Channel|
|Head channel||Gypframe 72 FEC 50 Folded Edge Standard Floor & Ceiling Channel|
|Stud||Gypframe 70 S 50 'C' Stud|
|Abutments and openings||Gypframe 70 S 50 'C' Stud|
|Fixing T||Gypframe GFT1 Fixing 'T'|
|Fixing strap||Gypframe GFS1 Fixing Strap|
This section should be read in conjunction with the Products list.
- Abutment Fixing: Gypframe 'C' stud suitably fixed to structure at 600mm centres.
- Base Channel Fixing: Gypframe channel suitably fixed to floor at 600mm centres.
- Deflection Allowance: Vertical deflection only. To be determined by a Structural Engineer.
- Dropped Soffit: For principles of deflection head construction refer to detail ST‐121‐Z1L1‐08.
- Finishing Requirements: To achieve the specified performances, the system should be finished using either one of our Thistle or ThistlePro plasters, or Gyproc jointing products. See the product range guides on the British Gypsum website for more information. For further guidance on skimming moisture resistant grade boards see the White Book - Finishes section.
- Fixing Strap: Used to support horizontal board joints and enable board screw fixing at 300mm centres.
- Fixing T: Used to support horizontal board joints and enable board screw fixing at 300mm centres.
- Loadbearing: No
- Maximum Height: The maximum heights quoted are limited by the fire state field of application or by limiting deflection of L/240 at 200 Pa, whichever is the lower of the two.
- Other Requirements: SpecSure® system performance warranty confirms that British Gypsum proprietary systems will perform as specified for the lifetime of the building. The SpecSure® warranty requires that all components are specified in full and constructed in accordance with British Gypsum’s installation guidance. For more details see the British Gypsum website. Always check with the design team before making any changes to the chosen specification, ensuring appropriate substantiation is sought to confirm that the solution still meets all required project performances.
- Screw: Board layer 1, fix securely to Gypframe metal supports around the perimeter of the board and intermediate stud positions at maximum 300mm centres. External corners reduce fixings to 200mm. All joints staggered between layers. Fix working from the centre of each board. Position screws not less than 13mm from cut edges and 10mm from bound edges of boards. Set screw heads flush with plasterboard surface; do not break paper or gypsum core.
- Sealant: Locate sealant at junctions with adjoining structure and other air paths. Apply as a continuous bead to clean, dry, dust-free surfaces, leaving no gaps. After application of sealant, bulk fill gaps between floor and underside of plasterboard using Gyproc joint compound.
- Stud Centres (mm): 600 mm
- Approx. Weight (kg/m2): 19 kg/m²
- Head Channel Fixing: Gypframe channel suitably fixed to soffit at 600mm centres.