One layer of Gyproc DuraLine 15mm each side of Gypframe 92 AS 50 AcouStuds at 600mm centres with 2mm Thistle MultiFinish on each side. For heights up to 4000mm.
|StandardsBS EN ISO 10140-2,Acoustics - Laboratory measurement of sound insulation of building elements. Measurement of airborne sound insulation.||Standard types|
|StandardsBS 5234-2,Specification for performance requirements for strength and robustness including methods of test.||Standard types|
|StandardsBS EN 1364-1,Fire resistance tests for non-loadbearing elements - Walls.||Standard types|
|Fixing T||Gypframe GFT1 Fixing 'T'|
|Fixing strap||Gypframe GFS1 Fixing Strap|
|Base channel||Gypframe 94 DC 60 Deep Flange Floor & Ceiling Channel|
|Head channel||Gypframe 94 DC 60 Deep Flange Floor & Ceiling Channel|
|Abutments and openings||Gypframe 92 S 60 'C' Stud|
|Board side 1||Layer 1: Gyproc DuraLine 15mm|
|Board side 2||Layer 1: Gyproc DuraLine 15mm|
|Stud||Gypframe 92 AS 50 AcouStud|
|Screws side 1||Layer 1: British Gypsum Drywall Screws 25mm|
|Screws side 2||Layer 1: British Gypsum Drywall Screws 25mm|
|Finish coat||Side 1: Thistle MultiFinish
Side 2: Thistle MultiFinish
This section should be read in conjunction with the Products list.
- Abutment Fixing: Gypframe 'C' stud suitably fixed to structure at 600mm centres in two lines staggered by 300mm.
- Base Channel Fixing: Gypframe channel suitably fixed to floor at 600mm centres in two lines staggered by 300mm.
- Deflection Allowance: Vertical deflection only. To be determined by a Structural Engineer.
- Dropped Soffit: For principles of deflection head construction refer to detail ST‐122‐Z3L1‐07.
- Finish Coat Thickness - Side 1 (mm): 2 mm
- Finish Coat Thickness - Side 2 (mm): 2 mm
- Fixing Strap: Used to support horizontal board joints and enable board screw fixing at 300mm centres.
- Fixing T: Used to support horizontal board joints and enable board screw fixing at 300mm centres.
- Loadbearing: No
- Maximum Height: The maximum heights quoted are limited by the fire state field of application or by limiting deflection of L/240 at 200 Pa, whichever is the lower of the two.
- Other Requirements: SpecSure® system performance warranty confirms that British Gypsum proprietary systems will perform as specified for the lifetime of the building. The SpecSure® warranty requires that all components are specified in full and constructed in accordance with British Gypsum’s installation guidance. For more details see the British Gypsum website. Always check with the design team before making any changes to the chosen specification, ensuring appropriate substantiation is sought to confirm that the solution still meets all required project performances.
- Screw: Board layer 1, fix securely to Gypframe metal supports around the perimeter of the board and intermediate stud positions at maximum 300mm centres. External corners reduce fixings to 200mm. All joints staggered between layers. Fix working from the centre of each board. Position screws not less than 13mm from cut edges and 10mm from bound edges of boards. Set screw heads flush with plasterboard surface; do not break paper or gypsum core.
- Sealant: Locate sealant at junctions with adjoining structure and other air paths. Apply as a continuous bead to clean, dry, dust-free surfaces, leaving no gaps. After application of sealant, bulk fill gaps between floor and underside of plasterboard using Gyproc joint compound.
- Sound Insulation: Including skim finish to both sides.
- Stud Centres (mm): 600 mm
- Approx. Weight (kg/m2): 29 kg/m²
- Head Channel Fixing: Gypframe channel suitably fixed to soffit at 600mm centres in two lines staggered by 300mm.