A316019 MR1 (EN)
Two layers of Gyproc SoundBloc 15mm one side and an inner layer of Gyproc SoundBloc 15mm and an outer layer of Gyproc SoundBloc MR 15mm the other side of Gypframe 146 S 50 'C' Studs at 600mm centres with Gypframe RB1 Resilient Bar at 600mm centres to both sides. 50mm Isover Acoustic Partition Roll (APR 1200) in the cavity. For heights up to 4000mm.
Fire Integrity (mins)
Fire Insulation (mins)
Sound Insulation (Airborne) Rw (dB)
Sound Insulation (Airborne) Rw + Ctr (dB)
Maximum Height (mm)
Partition Thickness (mm)
|StandardsBS EN ISO 140-3,Acoustics - Measurement of sound insulation in buildings and of building elements. Laboratory measurement of airborne sound insulation of building elements.||Standard types|
|StandardsBS 5234-2,Specification for performance requirements for strength and robustness including methods of test.||Standard types|
|StandardsBS EN 1364-1,Fire resistance tests for non-loadbearing elements - Walls.||Standard types|
|Base channel||Gypframe 148 FEC 50 Folded Edge Standard Floor & Ceiling Channel|
|Head channel||Gypframe 148 FEC 50 Folded Edge Standard Floor & Ceiling Channel|
|Horizontal bar fixing||British Gypsum Wafer Head Drywall Screws 13mm|
|Horizontal bar type||Side 1: Gypframe RB1 Resilient Bar
Side 2: Gypframe RB1 Resilient Bar
|Insulation||Layer 1: 50mm Isover Acoustic Partition Roll (APR 1200)|
|Screws side 1||Layer 1: British Gypsum Drywall Screws 25mm
Layer 2: British Gypsum Drywall Screws 40mm
|Screws side 2||Layer 1: British Gypsum Drywall Screws 25mm
Layer 2: British Gypsum Drywall Screws 40mm
|Stud||Gypframe 146 S 50 'C' Stud|
|Abutments and openings||Gypframe 146 S 50 'C' Stud|
|Board side 1||Layer 1: Gyproc SoundBloc 15mm
Layer 2: Gyproc SoundBloc 15mm
|Board side 2||Layer 1: Gyproc SoundBloc 15mm
Layer 2: Gyproc SoundBloc MR 15mm
This section should be read in conjunction with the Products list.
- Abutment Fixing: Gypframe 'C' stud suitably fixed to structure at 600mm centres in two lines staggered by 300mm.
- Base Channel Fixing: Gypframe channel suitably fixed to floor at 600mm centres in two lines staggered by 300mm.
- Deflection Allowance: Vertical deflection only. To be determined by a Structural Engineer.
- Dropped Soffit: For principles of deflection head construction refer to detail ST‐124‐Z5L2‐09.
- Finishing Requirements: To achieve the specified performances, the system should be finished using either one of our Thistle or ThistlePro plasters, or Gyproc jointing products. See the product range guides on the British Gypsum website for more information. For further guidance on skimming moisture resistant grade boards see the White Book - Finishes section.
- Horizontal Bar: Horizontal resilient bars and short lengths of resilient bar (between horizontal bars at perimeters) fixed using wafer head screws.
- Horizontal Bar Centres (mm): 600 mm
- Loadbearing: No
- Maximum Height: The maximum heights quoted are limited by the fire state field of application or by limiting deflection of L/240 at 200 Pa, whichever is the lower of the two.
- Other Requirements: SpecSure® system performance warranty confirms that British Gypsum proprietary systems will perform as specified for the lifetime of the building. The SpecSure® warranty requires that all components are specified in full and constructed in accordance with British Gypsum’s installation guidance. For more details see the British Gypsum website. Always check with the design team before making any changes to the chosen specification, ensuring appropriate substantiation is sought to confirm that the solution still meets all required project performances.
- Screw: Board layer 1 (inner), fix securely to Gypframe Resilient Bars around the perimeter of the board at maximum 300mm centres; Board layer 2 (outer), fix securely to all Gypframe Resilient Bars around the perimeter of the board and within the field of the board at maximum 300mm centres. External corners reduce fixings to 200mm. All joints staggered between layers. Fix working from the centre of each board. Position screws not less than 13mm from cut edges and 10mm from bound edges of boards. Set screw heads flush with plasterboard surface; do not break paper or gypsum core
- Sealant: Locate sealant at junctions with adjoining structure and other air paths. Apply as a continuous bead to clean, dry, dust-free surfaces, leaving no gaps. After application of sealant, bulk fill gaps between floor and underside of plasterboard using Gyproc joint compound.
- Stud Centres (mm): 600 mm
- Approx. Weight (kg/m2): 51 kg/m²
- Head Channel Fixing: Gypframe channel suitably fixed to soffit at 600mm centres in two lines staggered by 300mm.
Need CAD, BIM, Test Reports and Technical Specifications?
Log in to access CAD .dwg files.
Log in and add a System Specification to a Project to access BIM files, Test Reports, and Technical Specification files.
Please add this Specification to a project and go to that Project to access the related Test Reports.
|Test report label||Test report name|
|Test report labelFire Resistance Test Report||Test report nameBTC 13481F|
|Test report labelSound Insulation Test Report||Test report nameBTC 11301A|
|Test report labelPartition Duty Test Report||Test report nameBTC 340LC|
A unique warranty that confirms British Gypsum proprietary systems will perform as specified for the lifetime of the building.