British Gypsum, part of the Saint-Gobain group, is the UK’s leading manufacturer of interior lining systems. Our mission is to develop innovative products and services that help customers build better spaces to live, work and play. In every kind of building – from home to work, from the local supermarket to the local hospital – we help to create partitions, provide comfort, protect against fire and insulate against sound.
With over 100 years’ experience in plaster, plasterboard and ceiling solutions, we already have a multitude of high-performance products and systems. However, we’re pushing the boundaries in our current thinking and we have an ambitious innovation programme, driven by our customers, to deliver meaningful customer benefits.
Our research, development and test facilities are among the best in Europe. We’ve built five UK specialist manufacturing sites to satisfy the demands of the construction industry. However, all of this is insignificant without our customers. Therefore, we involve our customers in the full development process, from idea creation through to the launch. This ensures that our products and systems are tested in real situations by real customers. We also include the end user in our thinking, to ensure we capture ideas which will help them increase the enjoyment and usability of their spaces. Please see below for our latest product and service launches.
Our latest product launches:
- Our new plasterboard, Gyproc Habito, is the first of our fixable boards. The super strength of the plasterboard means that a single number 10 woodscrew can support up to 15kg of weight without the need for specialist fixings, wall plugs or drills. Plus the added strength makes the plasterboard a strong and durable solution for internal residential walls.
- Hang pictures in your living room or recipes on the wall of your kitchen using magnets with Thistle Magnetic Plaster
- Make your indoor air as clean and fresh as the great outdoors. Purify the air you breathe with ACTIVair technology; now available in plaster and ceiling solutions.
- Thistle UniFinish is a gypsum finish plaster specially formulated for re-skimming over a wide range of backgrounds with no need for pre-treatment. It provides a smooth, inert, high quality surface to internal walls and ceilings, and a durable base for the application of decorative finishes.
Customer service expectations:
Putting the customer at the heart of everything we do doesn’t just stop at products and system solutions. Excellent customer service is paramount. We monitor our performance every year in an annual customer satisfaction survey. The results of this customer feedback determine our targets for the following year. Our research, through the Leadership Factor, currently shows our customers rate us as being in the top 10% of all manufacturers surveyed for customer satisfaction. However we will continue to listen to our customers to ensure we maintain and improve on all aspects of our customer service. Please see below for some of our service offerings.
- Our customers can now find the perfect specification solution to meet their needs by using the online White Book System Selector. They can download all related documentation, including BIM files and dwg CAD files once they have chosen what best suits their requirements
- Our SpecSure® lifetime system warranty gives total peace of mind for the lifetime of the building
- We provide market leading and comprehensive training for installers and stockists of our products and systems, and a vast array of training to the construction industry. We have been recognised for our training by the Association of Interior Specialists. Find out more about our range of training
- Our Technical Advice Centre handles more than 80,000 enquiries per annum, helping customers with advice to find the right specification for their project
- We are always looking to push the boundaries on service levels for customers, just as we do on product innovation. We review our services and service levels regularly to look for improvements and monitor our progress through our annual customer satisfaction survey
The next generation
To support the future generation of plasters and dryliners we invest heavily in our Thistle Partnership. We support 69 colleges around the UK with free product and lots of information to aid learning. The Learning HUB, a lifetime members’ scheme, is a recent addition to this support. It provides access to relevant literature, exclusive videos, health & safety information, product data sheets and posters. Plus, it hosts a forum where students, lecturers and our Technical Academy team can interact with each other. We aim to help the future generation of tradesman feel more equipped when they enter the world of construction.
British Gypsum - working together with our customers
We take pride in our products so that our customers can take pride in their work. This is why you’ll find our plaster, plasterboard, metal and ceiling solutions in almost every kind of building in the country. Builders, tradesmen and specifiers choose our products because they offer the best acoustic and thermal insulation and fire protection performance.
We want our customers to get even more involved with our mission to innovate in the construction industry. Just imagine how we can work together to create the spaces of the future. So, feel free to join us on this mission to ‘build possibility’. Your questions, suggestions and ideas are always welcome...
Visit us or contact us using Twitter, our blog, LinkedIn, or through the Plasterers Forum. We look forward to speaking with you.
- British Gypsum offers a range of plasters, partition, wall lining, floor, ceiling and plasterboard systems for the residential, commercial and off-site sectors of the construction industry.
- We were crowned Building’s Manufacturer of the Year for 2013 in recognition of our focus on innovation, sustainable practices and corporate social responsibility activities.
- Results from our annual customer satisfaction survey show we have made a continuous improvement for five years running.
- Our UKAS-accredited Building Test Centre is the best of its kind in Europe, with extensive fire, acoustic and environmental system test facilities.
- We run six purpose-built product training schools and a network of satellite training facilities around the UK.
- We have a network of more than 3,500 approved stockists, so tradespeople have quick access to our products anywhere in the UK.
- Our East Leake site contains a large research and development facility dedicated to creating ever more impressive products with our customers
- We take our corporate social responsibility very seriously and are recognised as leading the market. We were first to market with zero waste to landfill and were first to be awarded ‘Very Good’ for UK-manufactured Gyproc plasterboard, Glasroc specialist boards, Thistle plasters, Gyproc cove and Gypframe metal profiles. This will enable to receive more points and credits for these products as part of BREEAM (Building Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Method for buildings) and the Code for Sustainable Homes (CSH). Find out more
- At British Gypsum we ensure that our solutions don’t just meet the needs of the living environment today, but that we embrace the challenge of balancing our responsibilities to customer, suppliers, employees and our local communities. To find out more about how we do this, please see our Corporate Social Responsibility section
Part of Saint-Gobain, a world leader in construction products
Saint-Gobain is the world leader in construction materials design, manufacture and distribution, with a particular focus on energy-saving products and solutions, which create a more sustainable built environment.
For British Gypsum that means complementary product lines, backing for continuous innovation, financial stability and an enviable insight into construction trends and developments.
- Global sales in excess of €40.1 billion
- A presence in 64 countries
- Almost 190,000 employees worldwide
- Other UK & Ireland Saint-Gobain companies include: Isover, Glassolutions, Weber, Saint-Gobain Glass, Saint-Gobain PAM, Pasquill and Ecophon.
For more information on Saint-Gobain visit www.saint-gobain.co.uk