British Gypsum has over a century’s experience providing innovative, cost-effective and reliable solutions. In every kind of building, our products provide comfort, protect against fire and insulate against sound.
Our SpecSure® lifetime system warranty is designed to give you total confidence that our systems will meet the most rigorous of building requirements. Our systems are designed using the highest quality components - plasterboard, plaster, metal, specialist board and ceiling products, which have been developed and tested to work individually and together to deliver performance systems you can rely on.
British Gypsum's manufacturing, testing and training facilities reflect its market leading status:
- Five plasterboard manufacturing lines at East Leake (Leicestershire); Kirkby Thore (Cumbria), Sherburn (North Yorkshire) and Robertsbridge (East Sussex). Plaster plant at Barrow-on-Soar (Leicestershire).
- Extensive research and development facility at East Leake, used to trial new product innovations before they are taken to test stage.
- UKAS accredited Building Test Centre, with extensive fire, acoustic and system test facilities - the best of its kind in Europe.
- Three purpose-built product training schools and network of satellite training facilities around the UK.
- Technical Advice Centre handling over 10,000 enquiries per month - one of the busiest in the industry.
Part of the Saint-Gobain, a world leader in the construction products market
Saint-Gobain, the world leader in the habitat and construction markets, designs, manufactures and distributes building materials, providing innovative solutions to the challenges of growth, energy efficiency and environmental protection. With 2012 sales of €43.1 billion, Saint-Gobain operates in 64 countries and has around 193,000 employees, including 16,500 in the UK & Ireland, where it has been recognised as one of Britain’s Top Employers 2013.
In the UK and Ireland, some of the best known and respected companies in the construction industry are part of Saint-Gobain. Alongside British Gypsum, these include Glassolutions, Saint-Gobain, Saint-Gobain Weber, Saint-Gobain Glass, Saint-Gobain PAM, Saint-Gobain Isover, Pasquill, Ecophon and Saint-Gobain Solar. Together they offer a range of high performance energy-saving products and solutions to help create a more sustainable built environment.
For more information on Saint-Gobain visit http://www.saint-gobain.co.uk/.